We understand that if you don’t feel secure about using our site, you will likely not return. Therefore, we take the issue of privacy of personal and company information very seriously and want you to feel comfortable while using our site.
The Edward Lowe Foundation, a non-profit corporation whose principal place of business is at 58220 Decatur Rd, Cassopolis, MI 49031 (“Foundation” “we,” or “us”), has implemented fair information practices designed to protect your privacy. We believe that privacy of personal and company information is a human right. We believe that everyone benefits from the free flow of information and pledge to gather and use information responsibly.
What We Know About You:
- We may collect your name and email address, as well as the name and email address of another individual, to deliver content through our “email a friend” feature, social media, or similar service.
- Depending on the Service, we may also collect your name, company name, address, phone number, gender and age upon signup; however, this is an opt-in service to be submitted at your discretion.
- We collect information you agree to provide us while answering interactive forums or surveys. Information collected may include limited personal data such as your email address, your name, your mailing address, and facts about your company, including years in business, number of employees, type of business, and annual revenue.
- We also collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and app version. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- In accordance with your device permissions, we may collect information about the precise location of your device. You may stop the collection of precise location information at any time in your device settings.
- We (and our service providers) use tracking technologies, such as cookies to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits.
- We cannot and do not represent and warrant that Internet transmissions are entirely secure.
- We do not knowingly collect any information from anyone under thirteen years of age. If you are under thirteen, please do not submit any information to our Services.
How We Use What We Learn:
- We compile and use information gathered to offer you services and to better design and customize our online Services to meet your needs.
- We use the information you provide to communicate with you about our products, services, and offerings.
- We use the information you provide when you use our “email a friend” feature, social media or similar services to fulfill your request.
- Your responses to surveys and interactive forums are confidential and will be used for statistical analysis only.
- We use personal and company information for compiling aggregate information about our user base and usage patterns.
- In cases where we offer an incentive for your participation, we use your name and other contact information to fulfill your prize winnings.
- We use session technology and related techniques to help you move faster through our Services. Information collected during a session may be stored on your hard drive or temporarily in your computer’s memory.
- We use anonymized location information to notify us of individuals within our properties provide digital badges, and determine what areas of our properties are being visited and at what frequency.
- We use the information we collect to monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services.
- We use the information we collect to detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of the Foundation and others.
- Finally, we use the information we collect to debug, identify and repair errors in our Services and comply with our legal and financial obligations.
How We Share Your Information:
We will never sell any information that you provide us to any other third party unless we have your explicit permission to do so.
The Foundation furnishes to statistical companies only non-identifying information such as your age and gender solely for marketing purposes. We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
We share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- We share personal information with vendors, service providers, and consultants that need access to personal information in order to perform services for us or on our behalf, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, shipping and delivery, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of the Foundation, our users, the public, or others.
- We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
How You Can Change/Delete Your Data:
You may correct or update your information that is collected through our Services or that you otherwise provide to us at any time by contacting us. To the extent you establish an account with us for any of our Services, and you wish to delete that account, please contact us, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes.
When you first launch our mobile application that collects precise location information, you will be asked to consent to the application’s collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of such location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. You may also stop our collection of this location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device. If you stop our collection of this location information, some features of our Services may no longer function properly nor provide an optimal experience.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails and mail from the Foundation by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about our ongoing business relations.
How You Can Contact Us: